In accordance with the Parliamentary Constituencies Act 2020, the Boundary Commission for Northern Ireland is required to review Parliamentary constituency boundaries and submit its final report with recommendations before 1st July 2023.
Public consultation is an important part of the 2023 Review and the Commission has now published its Initial Proposals for consultation. In line with our statutory duties, the Commission is inviting written representations with respect to those proposals. This initial consultation process lasts for 8 weeks, ending on 15th December 2021, following which all representations will be published.
You can respond to the consultation using the Citizen Space online portal (link below), or via email or post. If responding via email or post, a consultation response template is provided below, which corresponds to the structure of the online consultation portal.
Please note that the online portal cannot facilitate the uploading of attachments. If you wish to submit a representation that includes attachments, please submit your response via email to email@example.com rather than using the portal.
The following resources are available:
- Initial Proposals Report in PDF format and an accessible version of the Initial Proposals Report
- Maps to accompany the Initial Proposals Report
- Citizen Space online consultation portal (external link)
- Consultation response template for responding by post or email
- Interactive map showing Initial Proposals (external link)
- Initial Proposals shapefile
- Parliamentary electorate as at 2nd March 2020 (by 2012 wards)
- Guide to the 2023 Review
- Guide to the 2023 Review (easy-read version)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)