Our Revised Proposals are now available for comment. The eight-week consultation ends on Monday 26 March 2018. Please submit comments at our online consultation portal: www.bcni2018.uk. Further details below.
The 2018 Review of Parliamentary constituencies started on 24 February 2016. In accordance with schedule 2 of the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Act 2011, the number of Parliamentary constituencies across the UK will reduce to 600. In Northern Ireland, the decrease will be from 18 seats to 17 at the next Westminster elections, expected in 2020. This will mean redrawing the existing constituency boundaries.
The Commission is required to submit its report on final recommendations to the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland no later than 1 October 2018.
In light of the evidence collected during the Initial and Secondary Consultations, the Commission has produced Revised Proposals for the Parliamentary constituencies in Northern Ireland. This latest and final consultation seeks views from the public on these Revised Proposals.
The Commission will consider all representations received during this 8 week consultation period. There will be no public hearings during this consultation.
- Revised Proposals Report (PDF 6 MB) – The Report sets out the revised boundaries and names of the 17 constituencies.
- Constituency Map (interactive) – Allows the user to add a range of layers to an interactive map of Northern Ireland, including the Provisional and Revised constituencies, existing Parliamentary constituencies and District Council boundaries and wards.
- Revised Proposals Constituency Map
- Revised Proposals - individual constituency maps
How to respond
Complete our online consultation at www.bcni2018.uk
Email your views to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post your views to: Boundary Commission for Northern Ireland, The Bungalow, Stormont House, Stormont Estate, Belfast, BT4 3SH
The Boundary Commission published its Provisional Proposals on 6th September 2016 for an initial consultation period of 12 weeks. Information made available during that consultation can be found below. A number of public hearings were also undertaken during the consultation period.
- Provisional Proposals Report – The Report sets out the boundaries and names of the new proposed new constituencies.
- Provisional Proposals Constituency Map (JPG) – Downloadable JPG version of the proposed Parliamentary constituencies.
- Consultation responses to Provisional Proposals - Written submissions received during our Initial Consultation, together with transcripts from the public hearings.
A Secondary Consultation was held between 5 September 2017 and 2 October 2017. This was the public's opportunity to view and comment on the responses submitted to the Commission's Provisional Proposals for 17 Parliamentary constituencies in Northern Ireland.